The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wing Tanks ,a shameless promotion
Lovely work- and there are those who complain about the cost of good workmanship.
Why, thank you kind sir! I’m afraid I can’t offer a discount for compliments though…!
Drinking water.....I know the water in my well is ok as long as I can see the "things" living in there are still moving about.
We do however take bottles to fill up with tap water, at daughter's house, for drinking in tea/coffee......not for safety of health but because our well water is slightly acidic and use to rot out 'lectric kettle elements very quickly.
I still wonder about the modern trend of drinking water frequently all day.......all those chemicals.

Dennis
I'm working towards making a Chummy tank... investigating material. I've just cut the top off a "Pratts" type 2 gallon can and was surprised to find it is only 0.5mm thick. Does anyone have a split tank or a means of measuring the thickness of an original Chummy tank?
I discovered that there is a national shortage of ZinTec sheet, we don't make it anymore and it's all imported. I could have had a slightly damaged sheet of 1mm but was hoping for 0.8. Howard has supplied drawings taken from extant examples which have allowed me to make patterns but before I go OTT in thickness any dimensions would be welcome.
There speaks a wise man??
Based near the Scottish Border,
It has taken me since last summer to fit mine, many thanks Duncan!

Thanks Ruairidh, it does look good if I say it myself!
I'm just starting a new batch if anyone wants one...
It looks spot on, very pleased, thank you.
Hi Duncan,  I made the carrier for my tank and sprayed Black and fitted.
Looking great. I can now confirm quality of workmanship and worth every 
penny. Definitely recommended.  Cheers
Smiley. The retired S/M MD.  Big Grin
Thanks for that Smiley.
To save further individual emails the prices are:
Tinplate:  £180.00 (or £150.00 if you supply a Pratts or similar polished filler neck & cap)
Brass:      £240.00 (similarly £30.00 reduction for your filler)
Mounts not included.
Capacity approx 2/3 gallon.
Postage is usually around £8.00 insured & tracked
I have been asked about and have seen rectangular section tanks as per a Pratt's Motor Spirit 2 gallon but with a sloping base. I made one as a trial but was not happy with it as it was a quite weighty when full (over a gallon capacity) and also a bit top heavy owing to its shape and I feel this tends to put a bit of a strain on the wing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)