The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mad dogs and Englishmen (and women)
(18-09-2021, 03:52 PM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: What's the source of the Image, Tony? I have assumed an Ebay listing but have failed to find it..

Don't worry, Hugh, it's not Austin at all, just a 'Morris Owner' magazine cover - suitably modified. Austin and Morris "Arabic" covers have both turned up recently.
Did they make left hand drive Chummies, or is that part of the modification? Perhaps it's supposed to be a Dixi.
(19-09-2021, 06:52 PM)Robert Leigh Wrote: Did they make left hand drive Chummies, or is that part of the modification? Perhaps it's supposed to be a Dixi.

No, English-made Chummies were all right-hand drive - it's just me being too lazy to bother swapping around the contents of the car. The Dixi was left-hand drive, but I lacked a picture of one taken at the right angle.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

in the 1960s  a work coleeague visited Taiwan. He told us all about it  but I only recall his desription of a public toilet. The mound in the background reminded me.
We had a dozen or so Martini-Henrys in the school armoury, but only ammunition for the Lee-Enfields - of which there were a great many. A couple of Bren's and a few sub-machine guns were also in stores. Don't know what happened to them, but they were all there in the mid-70's when I left.