The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Gravity tank Petrol Tap seals
Can anyone point me at Viton Petrol tap seals? (for a gravity tank with two way reserve tap) A few years ago they were advertised on ebay , but seem to have disappeared, although someone in Florida is selling them.
What diameter is best?  New corks are not doing the job & new "Chinese" taps for motor bikes don't have a good reputation! ( also they don't have the little grub screw in the end of  push /pull that seems to "tighten" the corks.

Found them! https://www.functional-products.co.uk/ew...ersion-kit
I fitted a pair of these a few months ago and they are rubbish imho. They stick, even when greased lightly, and when adjusted off they leak. I am going back to cork from A7 Components and as advised by my good friend Robert Foreman, just soak them in oil overnight before fitting.
As they say these days, +1 for the cork seals from David Cochrane fitted after soaking in oil overnight as Robert's advice above.

Steve
that may have saved me throwing a big bag of these cork seals in the bin Smile

i have a bag full of them from kirby wiske. richard edmonds auction.

a couple of month ago, i fitted a couple to the ulster rep, (dry) as ive always done in the past. and the ethanol sent them soft. so when i pulled the tape out 2 weeks latter petrol poored out.

but if they work when oiled overnight as robert suggests. then thay can go back out for sale again.

tony.
I also found the o rings useless, adjusted so you can move the tap they leak and when tightened up to stop leaks you can't move the tap. I prefer the corks however they will shrink and leak if allowed to dry out when the tank is drained, when I drain a tank I pour a cup full of engine oil in the tank to help stop corrosion and to keep the corks moist.