The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birmingham ON registered AC / AD ?
This hand-tinted photo was posted on the Morris Register Forum of which I'm a member. A non M.R. member had requested information on what he believed was his great grandfather's Morris - Birmingham registered ON 4719. I replied that it appeared to me to be an Austin 7 Chummy rather than a Morris. My further research found the following extant Birmingham ON registered cars on the A7CA Chassis Register:

ON 776 an AC Tourer registered in October 1925

ON 7600 an AD Tourer registered in June 1926 

An extremely rough calculation based on an average fixed number of monthly registrations between October 1925 and June 1926 suggested ON 4719 was probably first registered around February / March 1926.

So, is it an AC or an AD? I believe the AD was first introduced in February 1926. I think the hood looks more AD than AC - but I'm no expert on these early cars.

Any further thoughts anyone?

Cannot add anything to the historical info but just have to acknowledge, across the decades, this delightful moment in time.
I would agree with the AD identification, an early 1926 car with 6" brakes judging by the number plate mounting.
The registration letters ON ran from the beginning of September 1925 to the end of July 1926
(11-09-2021, 09:23 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: I would agree with the AD identification, an early 1926 car with 6" brakes judging by the number plate mounting.

+1
Is that a real dog?  (no, not the car!)