The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another donation to the Archive
They are coming thick and fast at the moment.

Today's addition, which arrived last week, are the original sketches and drawings used when the John Platts parts brochure was produced. These have been donated by our ever present, Tony Betts, to whom go our grateful thanks.

It is a reminder that not all Austin 7 history comes from the 1920s or 30s but that the story is an ongoing one and that the next page will be written tomorrow..

Thanks Tony...

Hugh

Excellent. Many thanks to Tony.
Hi hugh,

Thanks for the recognition, 

At the archive they can be recorded as what they are, were as that info would probably get lost here.

I got them direct from john platts a few weeks ago.

I guess they were not kept in the best of condition, because like most things in life. We dont realise what the historical value may be 50 years latter.

Tony.
Well done Tony fair play.
And a great set of drawings even if needing a bit of care and attention- I would think a work of love and well worth preserving.
It would be nice to record the name of the person or persons who did the drawings as well. I thought they were pretty accurate and still find them helpful. Perhaps there is a story to go with them. 
From down under, well done Tony for securing them and generosity donating them to the archive. 
Well done Tony - those are well worth preserving.
A +1 from me to both Tony and Adli for their continuing generosity and support of our Archive together with the work Hugh is doing.
As a movement, we are very fortunate to have have generous minded people among our ranks who are prepared to donate such important (and possibly quite valuable) documents and items to the archive for posterity and to document what is a milestone in the industrial history of Great Britain, as the Austin Seven surely was.

So thanks to Tony and Adli, and indeed everyone who has contributed, and to Hugh for curating and expanding our records. It is reassuring to know that, when we have all passed into history, the archive will still be there to support future custodians of our cars.