The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petrol
Looking for advice on petrol to buy and if makes any difference in Austin Seven?
I have no concerns about using E10 in my Sevens Peter.
+1 as above
If you're not using your seven for any length of time, would you advise draining the petrol off?
(05-09-2021, 08:20 PM)Lance Sheldrick Wrote: If you're not using your seven for any length of time, would you advise draining the petrol off?

I'm sure the fire brigade would advise strongly against us all draining our tanks every year.
Currently in South Wales it’s only E10 available, except for a couple of country garages who have TVO…..
The only possible problem with E10 is petrol pump diaphragm on later cars. Can't see why it could cause anything else.
Jim
I think the major problem for the average A7 owner, who does not use his car for extended periods, is the hygroscopic nature of ethanol which will likely increase the probability of corrosion of fuel tanks: So yes, it ma be worth taking some precaution, say not using E10 for the final fill. In use I doubt there will be any problems.

Ian
I agree - but where can you still buy E5?. Round here its as rare as rocking horse crap!
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
I personally put 91 ethanol free.