The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat position 1932 RP
Hello from the Western Colonies.  Need a little help on repositioning the seats on my recent purchase. Prior owner had to be way over 6 feet tall as seats are rearward of their original location. As they are, I can hardly reach the steering wheel. Can anyone give me measurements or hints as to where they should be positioned?  Arnie
Normally the seat hinges are bolted to the front face of the forward cross member.

Looking at your photo I suspect that someone has moved the seat mounting rearwards. On a standard car the two cross rails are much further apart, because the battery is mounted in an "under-floor" box under the driver's seat. Yours must be somewhere else, I suspect?

[Image: 20190908-171039.jpg]

[Image: 20180917-131408.jpg]

My car has a driver's seat fitted with sliding runners from a later car, but the standard RP seat adjustment is done by bolting the hinges to the seat base in one of several positions (see the underside of the left hand seat)
Thanks for the help.  The photos give me a good idea of where the mounts go. Your photos also show me where the two covers aresupposed to go. I found them in the spare parts that came with the car
It looks as if you are missing the front rails to the underseat boxes. The seats appear to be attached to the rear rails.
I think you are exactly right. Appears the seat pivots are mounted to the rear bracket. Time to purchase some steel and get to work with the bending brake.
better picture:

[Image: 06101a69e2cde0e195c7057ec57462f2.jpg]

If you lift the carpets you should be abkle to see where the front cross rail has been removed. It should serve as a reference for replacement.
Hope you don't mind Rekkers, I've enlarged your image for anyone using a small screen.

Jeff.
No worries, thanks!
Is that a rat crawling out from under the seat ?

Joe
No, it's just a manky old bit of muslin cloth.