The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two very early 1923 for sale
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1377982

And

1923 at Bonham's Beaulieu BP 8020 ex Halabi/Doughty
In my capacity as picker of nits, Milton Keynes didn't exist in 1939...
An anorak writes, well actually the village of Milton Keynes did exist, but the new town certainly did not….
Touché!
BP 8020 the 1923 chummy, ex Donald Doughty and Adli Halabi went for £14625 including premium at Bonhams. Why so little? I thought that they were expecting in excess of £20K.
That is ridiculous - I would have expected nearer double that figure; I should have raided my piggy bank!
Some very low prices at that auction, (and at a quick glance abut 1/3 unsold.)

Scimitar for just over £500 anyone?
Yet the Pathfinder pedal car in a parlas condition made in excess of £5000
I love the use of the word "Amended" instead of "Not sold" - just like "pre-used" in place of "secondhand"
Whoever bought the '23 has a bargain - the market for £25,000 A7s must be so slim that - thinking it would reach that sort of figure - few bothered to turn up or log on.
Could a fragile car like the '23 be ideal for a syndicate to own and share the experience?
Bonhams' web design is terrible - the main "show-all" page doesn't cache and takes ages to reload after looking at a specific example (and that's on a 330 Mbps connection)
did the 1923 actually sell?

the auction sed bidding reached £13,000 

so i take it, it didnt reach resurve???

who ever put all the spares in must have been disapointed?

but if you read the catalogue, there were diamonds next to the lots. so if you couldnt clear on the day. they were subject to £275 plus VAT per lot for up-lift fees. and £10 plus VAT per day storage.

with most of beaulieu stall holders already having full vans, buyers might have a surprise come pay day Big Grin

always read the small print.

tony.