The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hard to swallow?
Today's Daily Telegraph has a picture on page 9 captioned "Austiin power.......one of only three remaining original Austin Swallows"-can this be true? Shouldn't one of our historically minded friends write a correction?
Well if that was true, we'd have 2/3 of the survivors in our workshop right now!
Motto of all news journalists: Never let the truth spoil a good story!
I wouldn’t hang that newspaper in the outside lavatory — pages are too large, although the stuff written on them is strangely appropriate.
Don’t be so hard. It has a good crossword puzzle.
Alan Fairless
I did used to think the only one was EG 198 owned then by John Goodacre!
(31-08-2021, 06:53 PM)Alan Wrote: Don’t be so hard. It has a good crossword puzzle.

And the cartoons by Matt. It’s decent of them to put these on the front page so you don’t have to buy the paper!
Unfortunately it’s owned and controlled by the notoriously extreme right-wing, not to say fascist, Barclay family, detached from reality and living a feudal lifestyle on their private island…
Excellent crossword(s) though as previously mentioned, Matt (the same), definitely the best paper for sports reporting anywhere, and most of the letters are worth reading - and surprisingly a good many are not right-wing, but definitely 'common sense' comments'. I never read editorials anyway which is generally where the 'message' is hidden, and The Times is a Murdoch rag dressed up in sheep's clothing, The Grauniad too far left, and the tabloids generally are all rubbish sensationalist trash. Besides, if you shop at a certain supermarket you can choose your paper for free. Oh dear, how did politics penetrate our usually sober-sided Orstin forum?? Sorry folks, rant over.
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish