The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
a day at the races
A day at mallory park.

The wheather forecast change over the last 24 hours, so with good wheather I took the supersports out for a run.

Good to keep good company

For us petrol heads, there were some beautiful engines on show in the paddock.

Excellent racing.

always good to see the high numbers of people turning up in and on old stuff.

Great to see people driving their old cars to event...including you Tony!

A mate of mine rides an old Indian Scout motorcycle and tells me that most of the Indian owners these days turn up at their events with their bikes on trailers...can you believe that?

Those engines, which include aero engines I assume, are excellent, I’ll be at the next event, just to hear and smell ‘em!
Some of those engines shown must have the size of a seven engine in one cylinder.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
This is a stunning car.

Since we don’t have this caliber of exotic machinery in the Antipodes would someone mind describing the cars in the pic’s please?
Gary
Auckland
No
(22-08-2021, 09:11 PM)GaryCullen Wrote: Since we don’t have this caliber of exotic machinery in the Antipodes would someone mind describing the cars in the pic’s please?
Gary
Auckland
No

The Amilcar appears to have a WW1 era Hispano Suiza aero engine. The car with the pointy water tank is a Darracq, these cars have been credited as being the first V8 engined car. The Maroon car (don't know the marque) looks to have a Curtiss OX5 V8 motor, also WW1 vintage.
thanks stuart,

i beleive the maroon car is a le zebre, but i dont know what engine is in it.
Good to see you Tony, with the Supersports looking and sounding as good as ever.
A great days racing.
(22-08-2021, 10:11 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: thanks stuart,

i beleive the maroon car is a le zebre, but i dont know what engine is in it.

The only Le Zebre I have ever seen was a single cylinder one in Meyrueis, Tarn.

I saw it first in 1974, then 1978, then 2000. On my last visit in 2018 the owner had died and the car had been sold - his garage was known as Cafe Pastis, it was named very appropriately.
Nice to see John Bruce chummy DB still about hope he’s ok. Got stuck with a birthday party and not felt the best else would have been great to come. Have entered for the 750mc summer festival with a chance to drive Mallory at lunchtime for a parade. Glad you had a good day and super sports looks good on new tyres