The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tapestry cloth update - alternatives
The consortium which was looking at a Tapestry cloth remake foundered. The company - two of them in fact - is/are ready to produce, but it was going to be very expensive.

However people are still looking for period appropriate cloths - I've had a couple of new emails this week.

Could people post anything which they have found which is potentially still a stock item somewhere, please?
When you say expensive, was it going to be more than £60 a yard?

The reason I ask is that in the past couple of weeks my wife has been searching for curtain/upholstery material and I noticed, some would not be out of place in an RK saloon and they were priced between £40 and £60 a yard.

The web sites she found had an amazing range of materials shall, I instigate a search or has the consortium already done that?
I think with the development costs it would have been 100 a yard or so, so a thousand to get a car's worth.
The group had wanted the real thing.

Ivor, yes, I'd be interested in seeing something with the same cotton weft and warp construction rather than moquette. And especially if there was something which nodded to the "noisy but subtle" 4 colour 20s/30s patterns that Austin used.
Okay Jon, I’ll take some time out and go through all the samples...the noisy but subtle was what caught my eye as one of the samples my wife ordered was similar...I’ll see if I can find something close to the original.
I'd be interested as I was one of the consortium as our '28 R Type Top Hat was originally a cloth upholstery car and still has the remnants of the original cloth.

The consortium dwindled as the price increased and this caused the price to increase even more. Sadly we are 20+ to the UK Pound so the price eventually became non-viable. In the end there was us and one other interest party and for some reason they flatly refused to consider a joint buy to bring costs down a bit. C'est la Vie

I'd like to keep it as a cloth interior car

Ciao
Greig
I’m now trying to find the copies of the grey mag with the samples...I’ll get there in the end!
(20-08-2021, 09:53 PM)Greig Smith Wrote: The consortium dwindled as the price increased and this caused the price to increase even more. Sadly we are 20+ to the UK Pound so the price eventually became non-viable. In the end there was us and one other interest party and for some reason they flatly refused to consider a joint buy to bring costs down a bit. C'est la Vie

I'd like to keep it as a cloth interior car

Ciao
Greig

Grieg - there is another party that has surfaced. What did you think that the split UK cost on say just 20m would be? Or 30m if we could find a third.
I'm still wondering about the German quote too.
Sounds good Jon - sent you an Email

Aye
Greig
Jon may I suggest reminding the wider audience what it is you are looking for i.e a pic and basic specification? Someone just might remember seeing something similar somewhere.
Further details in 2019C: