The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magneto controls
I own a 1927 Ulster rep' chassis No 46033 which is without any of the magneto or throttle controls. I've seen the top plate with gas and ignition levers advertised for sale but I need all the other bits. I think there two tubes, that fit within the steering column and levers that connect to the magneto and throttle linkage and probably other bits as well. Can anybody suggest the best way to obtain all bits I need. Any help would be appreciated. Regards Rob, Southend-on-Sea.
The best way may be to obtain another steering column and box on which these bits are still present. There are three tubes down the inside of the column, the outside one being locked to the steering box so that it cannot rotate but the ignition and throttle operating tubes can do so independently of each other. The horn button assembly and wire turn with the inner tube. A7 Components sells tubes for the two inner purposes but not the outer stator tube as far as I know
Generally right but "The horn button assembly and wire turn with the inner tube."   Huh

No it doesn't
Are they missing because the steering column has been lengthened?
I have a complete steering box,column and tubes currently in Sales. Could be the answer.
You will need the brass lever on the throttle cross shaft off a mag car,the one with 2 hole pivots for the mag linkage,and a shorter column bottom lever than the coil one.Then make up the 3/16" rods to link them together.
Study a mag engine car photo unless there is a car close to view.
Tony,
Your comment made me think I must be wrong, so I have just looked at the system again and I am correct; the horn button assembly turns with the throttle lever.
Thank you all so much for the replies. I certainly have a better idea of what I require. I think a visit to the Beaulieu autojumble is in order. Again many thanks.