The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Another pre war poster

But this one in b&w, used as the cover for the Newsletter for August 1978. I have had passed on to me a fairly random collection of Seven and VAR publications, which I certainly don't want to throw away, but don't want to end up looking after them. Anyone interested?
The Archive doesn’t hold any VAR materials and for historical reasons has a complete run of Pre War mags so can’t offer a home I’m afraid..

Hugh
Another expensively dressed driver taking his chances with the column grease.
Thanks for responding Hugh, always offer to an archive first!
(12-08-2021, 07:30 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: Another expensively dressed driver taking his chances with the column grease.

Hi, Bob. I thought that the "column grease" disease only afflicted cars to around 1932 or so. The ruby has a deep "bowl" in the centre of the wheel - perhaps it's there to collect the grease so the driver can do his bit to "save the planet" and reuse it? Notice the mini briefcase. Was he pre-empting the age of email where people work on holiday?
Papa, grandad’s just fallen over the cliff!

Never mind my boy, I have the will here in my case.

Mama, it’s ice creams all round!
Hi all our 1936 MKII Ruby will deposit grease on you lap, quite happily Sad S&P
On a positive view I see the depositing of a glob of grease from the top of the column on my 33 RP as a helpful reminder that more is needed at the bottom. It's a sort of early version of the service warning light.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
My father was a tradesman and just post war probably only had one pair of "best". Wore for the then traditonal Sunday afternoon drive (on gloriously quite roads) I can remeber from about age 4 an incident wih grease. ( About 1957 acquired a modern. Drives were then so boring the traditon ended)
(12-08-2021, 07:37 PM)phillips Wrote: Hi all our 1936 MKII Ruby will deposit grease on you lap, quite happily Sad S&P

Inform OPEC, they'll make a big bid for it!