The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AUSTIN suppliers plate
The latest to the collection.

Only bought it today, so I know nothing of the company.

It's the first one I've ever seen with the austin wings in the centre, in stead of the St Christopher.

For those interested,

Here are some more, some came with the austin plaque.

I love the added interest of the, use oil around the base.

Again some of these came with the austin suppliers plate.

Others I've picked up add antique fairs over the last couple of years.

I wonder if any are still trading as agents or dealers for other motor company’s.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
douglas alderson, will probably have some news on some from his website.

thanks tony
I remember seeing these on the dashboards when I was raiding cars in scrapyards years ago and never thought they may hold any interest, how wrong I was, these are brilliant!
hi ivor,

there is quite a good following for social interest.

some people wont buy a sign unless they have a picture of same but not the actual sign in its original use.
and if they know were the sign actually came from, all the better. 
so signs, automobilia, dash plaques etc. have a high interest if they have things like addresses on them.

you should have removed and kept them, if only you knew.

tony
Wells, W.J. Limited, Central Garages, High Road, Woodford Green are listed in The Motor and Allied Trades Directory of 1930 and described as being able to garage up to 50 cars..
Like Ivor I saw many of the St Christopher plaques in scrap yards, looking at the wrecks I don't think he helped much.
If anyone spots one from "County Garage of Maidstone Kent" I would be interested!
David
https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1804209
I have to admit, on one occasion I was three cars high, lying in the roof space of an upside down Ford V8 woodie, trying to pull the half shaft out of a MK1 Zodiac through the window of the woodie and the last thing I was thinking about was unscrewing the badge on the dashboard!