The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Count Your Blessings
Aye well, there’s none so blind as them as won’t see.
Now, where's that spare wheel nut gone?

Attached Files
.jpg   hoarding.jpg (Size: 104.23 KB / Downloads: 191)
Probably sitting on it!
(03-08-2021, 01:17 PM)Ray White Wrote: Climate change has always happened in the past and it will continue in the future... with or without humans.

Nothing we can do about it except adapt to change.

That's how I see it, anyway.

What do they say- 

Never discuss Politics, Religion or Climate Change 

Not sure but it seems highly possible that we are going through a major change right now and it is also possible that we the people of earth are not helping.

If there is something we can do to slow down the looming disaster we should at least try shouldn't we ?

The way things are going we won't have to worry about the cost!

Enough you cry.

Back to the Austin Seven.

Recent survey in California showed that People  (not all) who are trading in their EVs have gone back to a petrol motor.  Reason........ Charging times particularly.
Peter
(03-08-2021, 11:47 PM)Spex Wrote: Recent survey in California showed that People  (not all) who are trading in their EVs have gone back to a petrol motor.  Reason........ Charging times particularly.
Peter

Is this the 'woke' ? generation ?

I must confess I don't know what the hell this means   Big Grin

When I last looked woke was the past participle of wake- "I woke this morning" (thank goodness).
Woke is younger people's way of talking complete shyte and expecting more mature and sensible people to do what they say. It has been infiltrated by a lot of left wing liberals who see it as a platform for their warped thinking. It will eventually die out when people get fed up with it, a bit like veganism.

Right, it's raining in Rekkersland today. I'm just going to stand in the garden with my underpants on my head and stick pencils up my nose.

Bonne journée tout le monde!
Don't forget to say 'Wibble'.
"Woke" is an "Alt-right" term which is trying to rename common decency as a communist conspiracy.
Wok is a good way to make stir-fry.
(04-08-2021, 08:02 AM)Reckless Rat Wrote: Woke is younger people's way of talking complete shyte and expecting more mature and sensible people to do what they say. It has been infiltrated by a lot of left wing liberals who see it as a platform for their warped thinking. It will eventually die out when people get fed up with it, a bit like veganism.

Absolutely spot on, I couldn’t have put it better myself!