The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby Glass Door Trim ????
Daft question !!! but where can I find the trim that sits between the inner & outer door skin that the glass slides through when you raise and lower it, the old stuff ( that fell off) looks like it was/is bonded to the metal and has a flock style covering.
See here: https://www.theaustinsevenworkshop.com/s...ow+channel+
Hi Ruairidh , thanks for the link, but !!!!! wrong trim , it's the bit that sits along the top of the glass opening each side of the door that it slides through ie parallel to the road, not vertical as it rises and lowers ,basically the slot.
I am not aware of anything being there originally, what you have found may well be a later addition.
Not sure if I am right or not as I did not have any trim in the car at the time of purchase but I have used the same channel section on the straight section at the rear of the door and then one continuous piece straight up the front section and right along the top channel section, as you say parallel to the road.
    OK ,lets start again, its the bit of Velor trim section that fits here !!!!
Yup, just checked on my Ruby I have used the exact same section all the way around the channel in the door.
As previously mentioned one piece in the rear channel and one piece running up the front channel and up over the glass.
Sorry posted before I saw your picture.
Again I am not sure this is correct but not sure there was anything fitted there, others may know better, however if you go to Woolies web site they do sell a section that will fit in this area. I have bought this same section but have not fitted it to date.
What are generally known as “Fuzzies” though I can’t say I’ve ever seen them on a Ruby, maybe I haven’t been paying attention!

Anyway, if you want to fit them, they are a pretty generic item.
(25-07-2021, 04:45 PM)flywheel1935 Wrote: OK ,lets start again, its the bit of Velor trim section that fits here !!!!

I refer the honourable gentleman to my answer above.

No velor trim was originally fitted in this area, what you have found is a later addition.

Some of the very first Rubies had a thin folded over section of leather cloth birfurcated to the inner topmost bar, nothing more.
Woolies weather strip