The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
top help
Hi I am going to try and get more answers than last time. I am trying to get the right way to put the top dawn on my 29 chummy. Please dont tell me to look in the manual I have heard that and it is not helpful. Can someone make a video on youtube and post the link on the forum. Or can someone put a step by step on hiw to do it. I would love some help with this. Thanks to those who help.
it might help if you posted a pic of your exact hood arrangements - do you know they are completely standard?
I am having a hard time adding the pictures but it has the stock frame but the material is not leather but canvas. And has button snaps but does not effect how the top folds.
At the risk of being called “not helpful”, this is how you lower the hood on your car.

If you don’t find this helpful in your specific case, you may like to consider the following as possible concerns:

- you may not have a standard hood arrangement.

- your hood frame is bent/twisted/broken.

- user error.

Finally, a modicum of gratitude towards those who have attempted, in good faith, to help you can lead to wonderful things.
Ruairidh, thanks for making my day. Regards Charlie.
Ruairidh, that’s the first time I’ve seen that and it’s exactly the system I used to lower the hood on the Chummystein, which had a hood frame I built exactly as per the factory, but three inches longer than standard.

I made the hood myself, but never got around to making a hood bag, which is why it always looked a mess...
Perhaps it would be easier if Vancevr posted a film of him attempting to fold his hood and we could gauge the problems he is encountering more accurately and offer advice..
The only things I thought was "not helpful" was how it was worded. But the real thing I was looking for was where do I fold the extra material. Do i forld in between the "ribs in the top or do I trap the material and fold it over like a mg midget top. I can post the pictures if someone can tell me how to do it in more detail. When i tried yesterday it told me the pics were too big. I dont know what to do. Please help
If you email your pictures to me at dunford1@aol.com I will upload them for you.
Vancevr.

"The only things I thought was "not helpful" was how it was worded." 

Perhaps your opening line was seen as "not helpful"

"Hi I am going to try and get more answers than last time."  

Ruaridh would have expended considerable time and effort on his reply. A thank you might be in order.

Cheers.