The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Hot - Spot the Difference
Spot the single difference (click the picture to get the high-resolution version - and click again for an even clearer copy).
I now have the original cover, have restored it and, if you would like a very high-resolution copy (of the single cover) to make a poster you can download it here: http://www.lathes.uk/hot001.jpg

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1936 Ruby becomes 1934 Ruby  Tongue
(23-07-2021, 02:34 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: 1936 Ruby becomes 1934 Ruby  Tongue
Er---no, not quite. Hint - the later Ruby did have, among other things, what might now be considered an unfortunate change of a detailed part. In drawing the car, the Artist made a mistake.

Attached Files
.jpg   index.jpg (Size: 6.09 KB / Downloads: 274)
Hmm... I don't know to what you are referring, but you've changed the trafficator from a 1936-type to a 1934-type. The original illustration is/was correct for a March 1936 car.
(23-07-2021, 03:18 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Hmm... I don't know to what you are referring, but you've changed the trafficator from a 1936-type to a 1934-type. The original illustration is/was correct for a March 1936 car.

OK, that the change - well spotted. So, Mk.1 Rubies had both types of indicator, making the early type (when fitted to the Ruby) rather rare.
In trainspotting it is called rivet counting- is this trafficator counting ?
It's not the number of rivets - but the change of radius of the top that's important!
"Don't laugh" he sniffs "it is critical" as he does up the toggles on his duffle coat and shuffles off in his suede boots to the next sooty station  Big Grin Big Grin