The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electronic Distributor Fitting/Setting up
Hello all, I've been giving my '34 Box Saloon a bit of attention, and have got myself into a total muddle trying to get my head around an accuspark electronic distributor that I've purchased in a bid for improved running and day to day usability. I've got a fair few questions that I'd really appreciate some help with: 

Question 1 - I've fitted a reconditioned dynamo to the car as the old one had died, but neither the new or the old distributor fit into it, although it's fairly close. Is this going to be a case of taking some wet and dry to the distributor to reduce it down slightly, or am I missing something obvious?

Question 2 - In terms of wiring it up, my car is negative earth, and the distributor is negative earth too. Am I right in thinking that the red live wire from the electronic distributor should go to the SW terminal on the coil, and the black negative should go to the CB terminal? 

.jpg   PXL_20210705_195748359 - Copy4.jpg (Size: 34.38 KB / Downloads: 176)

Question 3 - My existing distributor was manual advance, and so my clamp is the rotating rather than fixed type. Can I use this for on the electronic distributor, and is there any point in keeping manual control over it? I intend to keep the old distributor as a backup spare in the car.

Question 4 - Can anyone point me towards an idiot's guide for sorting out the timing? The head is off the car currently so no problem identifying tdc. Is it simply a case of getting it about right so that the car runs and then just adjusting it by 'ear', or is there a more scientific method?

Question 5 - I can't work out what is supposed to be fitted into this part of the dynamo here:    

Apologies if there are some very basic questions in there, any help is always very much appreciated!
I am happy to talk you through the set up Rupert, PM you phone number and I will call you by return.
Many thanks Ruairidh - pm sent