The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aluminium front backplate problems
Thanks Tony. Very interesting to know what you have done. How do the axle eys cope with the bigger king pin?

Paul N-M

Hi Terrytuned,
Interesting. My set up is quite different. Big 7 axle, panhard rod as spring runs on roller bushes so no shackles. Straight track rod. Twin fully articulated rad rods each side for torque reaction, castor adjustment normally about 5 deg after experimentation and to keep movement as vertical as possible. You can see part of the machined spring carrier mounted on top of the chassis to facilitate the whole arrangement.
You run with toe in. I run with some toe out, it helps turn in a lot on my set up as I only do sprints and hill climbs.

Its great to see what others have done in the chassis department. A lot os stuff covers engines so this thread makes a change.

Apologies for slightly fuzzy pic.

Paul N-M

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Paul the front shock absorber arms control location and roll I use original parts (modified) as much as possible the front spring is fitted with a wedge and radius arms reprofiled (bent ) to meet the centre ball.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)