The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby hob caps/wheel centres
Does anyone have a trick for keeping the new hub caps in place on my recently refurbished early Ruby? I can't have done much more than 30 miles since getting her back on the road and I've already lost two hub caps..... I'll be spending more on hub caps than on petrol at this rate. Is there a recommended glue or some other device to hold them fast?
Sika glue mastic.
Don't have them on any of my Sevens these days but when I did, standard bathroom clear silicone did the job.

Steve
Applied just to the rims (which appear to be the only contact points)?
The originals are bent outwards till they hook around. I bent mine outwards till they would just fit with a push. Then plenty of black bathroom silicone on the contact faces of hub cat and the wheel centre. Push the hub cap in, then another fingerful wiped insiode.
Hi

The originals look like they were flared over inside the wheel with a mighty large press - they can take quite a bit of removal.

For replacements, silicone works for me.
Its the same theory, but I dont like using silicone as generally you cant paint over it.

The stuff I use is Tigerseal or an equivalent. Basically a Polyurethane sealant. I use black as that way if you can see it, it blends in.

Sika do an equivalent, as it seems do Toolstation. Its all good stuff. Boy racers stick body kits to their cars with it.