The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic & Sports Car
A surprise dropped through my letterbox while I was out, a recycled envelope containing pages from the July edition of Classic & Sports Car magazine. I'm sure many will have seen it but if not there is a long article with plenty of pictures about Paul Wood and his interesting collection of Sevens.
If you haven't seen it it may be worth looking out for a copy...
I've no idea who left it but if it was you and you see this, thank you!
what does he have?
I contacted Paul sometime back about the finer points I needed to clarify on his 75 / Speedy and was invited to visit. A charming man, conveying myself and my wife in a customer's '50s Bentley coupe to his house.  A lovely car, but with Paul keeping up a running commentary as to the miriad of faults he could detect during the drive!
His collection of Sevens is certainly impressive as are the other marques in his collection.
Upon our return he gave us a conducted tour of his workshops containing a mouth watering selection of Rolls Royces and Bentleys from Edwardian through to the latest models.
Sounds like a real treat! Lucky man.
Here is a link to the article

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/classic-s...5502545848
As part of the Essex Austin Seven Club we have a tour of P&A Woods every few years. Paul is always generous with his time, as is the rest of the family. We finish off with the most sumptuous tea and cake spread.

Last visit we saw some bullet proof Bentleys being refurbished and the latest RR with the starlight roof (LEDs stuck in the roof lining to you and me) at a mere £11K. Meanwhile a cut glass drink set in the 'options shop' was only £26K.

Here is a picture of his A7s lined up in the yard behind the showroom. It is easy to assume that his team of RR restorers has produced these, but reality is that he does his own A7 restoration. An extremely nice, generous and skilled man.

They can also be seen at the annual Countess of Warwick show in Great Eastern in August, sponsored by P&A and where Paul adds a few of his rare 7s to the 30 plus we provide.
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!