The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torque tube compatibility
Hi All

I have a rear axle centre banjo from a LWB car so probably 31-32 vintage. Unfortunately no torque tube. So I’m on the look out for one so that I can fit a 5.25 CWP to my special.

Are all bolt on torque tubes the same?  Would a Ruby one fit?  I’ve read the excellent article by Jack French in the companion and the interchangeability of CWPs but he gives no clues as to the interchangeability of the torque tubes.

Cheers

Howard
The torque tube you need is specific to the 'Long Nose' banjo you have. Later D type torque tubes won't fit.

The one you need looks like this:

Steve
Hi Steve

Thanks.  I had thought that to be the case but needed to check.

Cheers

Howard
Given that the guts from one fit in the other there cant be a lot different. 

If I were stuck I would compare casings in terms of distance from the centreline of the diff to the torque tube flange and take it from there. 

I dare say a spacer or some milling may be required, dependant where the difference is, and certainly gobbing up the holes in the torque tube flange with weld and redrilling.
Well, of course anything's possible given enough motive, skill and money but in this case, it would, if nothing else, be something of a challenge Dodgy

Steve