The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Box saloon wing stays
I’m getting very close to finishing the old RP box saloon, but somewhere in the move too and from the Isle of Wight, I’ve lost the front wing stays.

I imagine they are pretty simple flat steel, can anyone fire up a photograph, so I can make a pair?

Thank you in anticipation!
Is this what you mean?
In which case they are 18mm wide by 5mm thick. They have a twist to one end to match the wing.
hope this helps.

.jpg   wing stay 1.jpg (Size: 105.49 KB / Downloads: 299)
.jpg   wing stay 2.jpg (Size: 144.23 KB / Downloads: 300)
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Interesting. The pressed steel braces for the headlamps and the parallel braces are missing on my car.
(10-07-2021, 08:22 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: Interesting. The pressed steel braces for the headlamps and the parallel braces are missing on my car.

I think your cars should have them, Bruce. My car has both.
I have a pair of these somewhere at home. I was going to list them on eBay but never got the chance. Where abouts are you based?
Ah, thanks for posting the pictures Andy, I have the short braces, but I’m missing the longer wing stays, heaven knows where they went!

Peter, if you still have them, please pm me with a price, I’d welcome not having floppy wings, I’m based ion the Oxfordshire Northamptonshire border, near Brackley, but happy to travel!
No problem. I had assumed it was the shorter bits that were missing
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
    Here they are fitted.
Thanks Dave absolutely brilliant, I now know what I’m looking for!
    Here's the outer end Ivor which has a spacer behind it.