The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dixi sold by auction in Germany
https://www.lankes-auktionen.com/en/high...1_628.html

I just came across this rather attractive looking open top Dixi, sold in Germany last week for 13,200 euros.  It would appear that there's an additional 22.5% buyers' premium plus VAT (19% in Germany) on the premium, making a total price of 16734 euros or £14,300 approx.  
I  wonder if we will see it in UK?
A very nice looking car. Until I saw the photographs I was unaware that dixie’s have the manifold and exhaust dynamo and distributor on opposite sides of the engine. It must also mean the camshaft is also on the other side. Is this to make room for left hand drive.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Thanks for the link, Mike. A set of wonderful photographs accompany the auction with some very interesting details: the fuel tap inside the cabin, a lever-operated switch attached directly to the starter motor, the instrument panel, the very unusual gear lever and gearbox top, a bronze Solex carburettor, what appear to be screw-in core plugs on the cylinder head, etc. - a feast of differences.
John, the Dixi DA2 engine is a complete mirror image of the Austin unit, with Bosch electrics and metric fasteners, and yes, to accomodate the steering column on the "wrong" side. Never seen a cabrio before so I wonder if it's a cropped saloon. Rare anyway.
Confusing. The blurb mentions Ihle as the body builder but it seems to be a standard 3/15 PS Type DA2 Kabriolet BMW ( Purves Page 288 )
The badge on the side of the body proclaims it as an Ambi-Budd body; the cabriolet was a standard offering.

.jpg   1930_BMW_3-15_PS_DA_2_Kabriolett_2_sitzig.jpg (Size: 95.33 KB / Downloads: 234)
What a difference a well-fitting hood bag makes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The one just sold isn't the same as that one, which looks like a two seater cabby. I still reckon it's a chopped 4 seater saloon.
It's a 4-seater - the pictures show that - but the ironwork of the hood looks distinctly factory and not something knocked up at home. Might this be the German equivalent of the Pearl? Was there ever such a model?

An enhanced picture showing the throttle shaft on the inside of the bulkhead.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   dixi-hood.jpg (Size: 115.87 KB / Downloads: 204)
You're right, Recckers, the illustration I used was a 2-seater cabrio, but they did also make a 4-seat cabrio. This is one, albeit different in detail:

.jpg   1929 BMW Dixi DA4.jpg (Size: 281.66 KB / Downloads: 190)

The auction car is definitely an original cabrio, not a chopped-down saloon.