The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
750 beaulieu
good to see so many people there, its looked a bigger turn out than normal.

i guess people were happy to get out from lockdown. and use there cars.

well done to the organisers, and helpers. its not been easy times to get a rally going.

must admit for myself i was a bit aprehensive over doing stalls. more for the fact that they are hard work, harder than most would think. and ive gotten used to selling from home, and on the internet. but it went well as a one day event for me. just an early start at 2am get up and out for the trip down.

we will see how international bealieu goes, but if its the con i think it is this year. then we will give up doing spring and september as selling events??? its getting to be a long 3 day weekend for very little.

hope you all enjoyed the event, and it didnt get to wet for you.

ps, on a lighter note a new customer phoned me during the week asking about beaulieu. and weather people would turn out to get there shinny austins wet. my suggestion was that austin 7 owners are hardier than that.and own there cars as cars, not polishing blocks.  and it was well worth his time attending. good to see so many owners prooved me right. tony
Nice to see you Tony and likewise was an enjoyable weekend down south for us!

.jpeg   AF6E0C97-5DE7-477A-BACD-3916E8A29B3E.jpeg (Size: 124.95 KB / Downloads: 832) was nice to see the ex Rushin RN still winning silverware yesterday. Well done Barry Townsend
lovely picture joe,

good to see waynes car it not only still going. he must have restored that 40 years ago. but its still winning trophies as well.

well done.
    was nice to see Dads old ruby still on the road
I was two front wings and running boards short of getting to Beaulieu, due to losing the wing stays somewhere along the line, but it’s great to see what appears to be a good turn out.
hi joe,

was that a nice surprise on the day, or does the ruby usually attend.

tony.
Not sure if it’s a regular there. But we met up with the new owners in 2019 they came round dads to find out the history of the car. Lovely people
Ha ha we may have got wet but we certainly didn't get polished! 
We had a great weekend and BGH went well on her 'new' pressure fed engine, just over 400 miles on the clock now.
It was good to see you there Tony, and many other friends too.
It was a great weekend.
Thank you to all the organisers and their team and also to Beaulieu who were hosting their first outside event. 
  A great turnout of cars up at least 20% on the last rally.
   Good autojumble with bargains to be found and they were. 
I travelled 350 miles over the weekend in just seven hours. The crappy vintage bronze carburettor that people say doesn't work returned 45.88 mpg.
Hi Robert

I echo all your comments about the weekend especially the Beaulieu team who kept the loos spotless. (Which is important for future visits with the wife!)

As a bronze carb aficionado could you please let me know what jet sizes you run?

I’ve recently cleaned up my carb and slimmed down the butterfly but it seems to have had a detrimental effect on performance.  My current jet sizes are main 70, comp 70 and slow running 35.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Cheers

Howard