The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nsr brake binding
Hi everyone
Just back from a 10 mile run,  half way round large bang from the rear so I stopped had a look nothing untoward so carried on home , got back to shed and nsr brake has been binding so it's hot ! All the others are fine.
With the drum on it turns freely and applies when I pull the cable,  once I've took the drum off everything looks OK
Any ideas gratefully received.  Could it have stuck on and the bang was releasing ,I'd used it at the weekend in the heavy rain.  I had tightened the front brake cable by 5 mm , is that linked to the rears so that's over adjusted. Sorry for all the questions
Did you check the pivot pin? I have known them to break.
(01-07-2021, 08:41 PM)morrisminor Wrote: I had tightened the front brake cable by 5 mm 

What's that?? Something about a French King's armpit I believe!
I don’t know if anybody else understood Parazine’s comment but excuse my ignorance it went right over my head.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Sorry, being cryptic and facetious. I (and a lot of other forumists) don't understand metric dimensions in connection with pre-war British cars, they're usually used naturally by people who went to school after 1972.

The metre was rumoured to be the length of a former French Kings arm, although it was officially defined in different terms.
I got what Parazine was on about instantly, but then I'm another imperialist!

5mm is about 13/64" in real money.
Hi Parazine

There are bits of an A7 that are legitimately metric. The FZ22 carb for example  Smile.

Cheers

Howard
Sorry Parazine I left school in 1960 and what metric measurements I can recall was taught it was based on divisions of the distance from N pole to equator. See below.

The metre was originally defined in 1793 as one ten-millionth of the distance from the equator to the North Pole along a great circle, so the Earth's circumference is approximately 40000 km.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Sorry,  don't know what 5mm is in inches !!!
Any ideas about the brake though ?
(02-07-2021, 01:09 PM)morrisminor Wrote: Sorry,  don't know what 5mm is in inches !!!
Any ideas about the brake though ?

For adjusting a brake cable 5mm is near enough to 3/16".