The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trafficator flags for Mk1 Ruby
Does anyone have, available for sale, a spare indicator flag for a Mk1 Ruby? 

Or can someone please advise how best to blank the hole with a dummy indicator flag? I don't need the flags to function as I have some nicely discreet flashers fitted, but I would like to have the flags in situ, just for appearance's sake.

I'm sure I can't be the only Ruby owner who's been faced with this problem, so I'd love to hear how other people have solved it.
2 or more items on e bay which may help
You need the early-type which has a small swelling for the bulb, not the more common type which has a uniform thickness along the entire length. All the ones that I can find on eBay at the moment are the later type.
(28-06-2021, 08:11 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: You need the early-type which has a small swelling for the bulb, not the more common type which has a uniform thickness along the entire length. All the ones that I can find on eBay at the moment are the later type.

We have one of the correct type (a Type SE26 apparently), original to the car that I've managed to recover as a "static display". While the main body with the electromagnet and holding bracket are both of battleship-like construction, the arm is the opposite - very fragile indeed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

New, (expensive) Lucas SF24 trafficators in New Zealand....

http://www.ddmdesign.co.nz/pre-war-mg-parts
these have been expensive and hard to find trafficaters for decades now.

also they were originally fitted to other makes of car, other than MK1 rubys. and those car are far more expensive which has pushed the prices up.

its always nice to have everything correct on a car.

but it should be easy enough to make some blanks for the holes. which i think is the way i would go. considering the original trafficaters are very fragile.

tony
Thank you the two Tony’s, I was lucky enough to buy a nos one from Tony Betts some time ago for my early Pearl but can’t find another. I have a bag of bits but not enough to make one.
Does anyone have any bits knocking around?
This sounds like a very good reason for an exercise in 3D printing.
I'm going to give it a go, although printing the item will be a long process,and I shall have to source some appropriately coloured material.
It'll make a change from making polyurethane gaskets.Development examples being tested on various cars in Cornwall with favourable results so far.
I'll have to design around the Mk 2 Ruby style because that's all I have.............
Bob
I'd be interested to learn of sources for replacements, as I also have one unbroken and one broken indicator arm. Only useful for display I think, following drivers pay attention to vigorous hand signals whereas the indicator perched high up the B pillar seems unnoticed by all.
(30-06-2021, 07:29 AM)Steve kay Wrote: I'd be interested to learn of sources for replacements, as I also have one unbroken and one broken indicator arm. Only useful for display I think, following drivers pay attention to vigorous hand signals whereas the indicator perched high up the B pillar seems unnoticed by all.

Hello Steve, if the arms are surplus to requirements, are you willing to sell? I've managed to install one as a dummy, we just need one more arm.

(29-06-2021, 11:06 AM)Bob Kneale Wrote: This sounds like a very good reason for an exercise in 3D printing.
I'm going to give it a go, although printing the item will be a long process,and I shall have to source some appropriately coloured material.
It'll make a change from making polyurethane gaskets.Development examples being tested on various cars in Cornwall with favourable results so far.
I'll have to design around the Mk 2 Ruby style because that's all I have.............
Bob

A good idea and, if it's a success, Bob, I can send you our arm for you to copy that....