The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what year and model is this??
I came across this old photo taken in 1929 and would like to know the year and model. Couldn't have been too many of these imported to British Columbia. Interesting license number as well.  Gord

This is an R saloon from around 1926.

My favourite saloon!
Thanks Ruairidh. Using my Companion and Source I sort of narrowed it down to that.  Gord
What nut on the Austin 7 requires an adjustable spanner like that?
Probably all of them!! We didn't have any wrenches to fit those Whitworth/BS  sizes in Canada.
Tracy says,

The spanner was used for the bank job.

The R type saloon was a favoured get away car for columians Big Grin
Of course!! He looks like a British Columbian drug dealer!    Gord (from B.C.)
I've got one of those it's very useful. Bought it in an autojumble in Bristol about 1990.
Jim
(26-06-2021, 09:22 PM)Malcolm Parker Wrote: What nut on the Austin 7 requires an adjustable spanner like that?

The nut behind the wheel, Malcolm.
Thanks Gord for posting this image. It must have been a still day. Three piece bonnets never stay in that position on a windy one!
Good shot of the CAV cut-out but there is no indication of a Benjamin horn next to it. I'm presuming by the time the car was manufactured Rist horns were fitted?
Am intrigued as to what the badge is in the windscreen is and also the outline on the inside of the garage door to the rear is reminiscent of the Shell logo. 

R type Registrar.