The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once in a lifetime opportunity
Ideal plugs for an A7 at a  "Once in a lifetime opportunity" - if it's your thing, that is....
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224508072899?...SwS5Fg0z8f
Erm. It’s ok you have them
Alan Fairless
Perhaps if all us Forum members chipped in a tenner each we could buy them for the A7CA archive?  They would make a great display at the Centenary Rally.  I suspect the cost of the armoured glass display case and security team would make this unviable?
is it the unopened tins that are a once in a lifetime chance.

or is it the overpriced offer, thats once in a lifetime.

as far as there collectable value, the price of tined sparkplugs have dropped over recent years. the sealed tins are around £15 each. and under £10 each for the opened.

ill let you have them tony.
When I bought my RP two years ago, it was running on a set of Lodge C3’s perfectly well. I replaced them with some Champions and have them preserved in my A7 bits drawer as spares and to replace the current plugs to ‘show off’ at shows (assuming we get some!)
I have a spare jar of genuine Lucas Loom Smoke complete with applicator should anyone need it…
(25-06-2021, 09:54 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: is it the unopened tins that are a once in a lifetime chance.

or is it the overpriced offer, thats once in a lifetime.

as far as there collectable value, the price of tined sparkplugs have dropped over recent years. the sealed tins are around £15 each. and under £10 each for the opened.

ill let you have them tony.

That's OK, Tony - I'll be generous and leave them all for you...
Once upon a time I bought a Ruby.

It was one of those "once in a lifetime" moments where you pay not a lot, because you are first on the scene and the vendor just wants it gone.

It was completely dismantled, with odd boxes of bits.   Like they are.

In one of the boxes was a set of new 18mm plugs, the kind you can take to bits to clean.

Knowing nothing about the world of vintage plugs, and not needing them, I stuck them on the auction site .....

And recouped the cost of the car!
I've got a set of 14mm plugs that came with a barn find that are still cocooned in their protective coating - wrapped like a money, sorry, mummy.  But, as they always say on Antiques Road Show, they are not for sale - will stay in the family.
(25-06-2021, 10:54 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: I have a spare jar of genuine Lucas Loom Smoke complete with applicator should anyone need it…

Yes, it's a shame that it's not available as an aerosol, or I'd be tempted to carry some in my A7's spares kit... `[Image: 51283812734_0016f4a300_w.jpg]

All Lucas wiring problems seem to start when the magic smoke escapes.