The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modified 1930 RL
A modified RL registered on November 22nd 1930. https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1352127

I've never seen this type of downdraught inlet/exhaust manifold before. Presumably from a Reliant?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes that's a SV Reliant manifold. Not 100% sure about the carburettor without rummaging in some dark cupboards.

I ran one of those manifolds on my Nippy for a long time, with an adapter to take a Mini S.U. With a bit of work on the inlet port it went quite well.
If I had space I’d quite fancy that …
Something doesn't add up: November 1930 registration, but that's an RM with an 8" scuttle an upright petrol tank.
Yes, it's a SV Reliant manifold and carburettor. I had exactly this arrangement on my special many years ago and it worked very well It's as good as the downdraught Nippy setup and, in the early eighties, was a good deal easier to find.
(19-06-2021, 08:09 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Something doesn't add up: November 1930 registration, but that's an RM with an 8" scuttle an upright petrol tank.

Yes, but the earlier wings as fitted to RL's. Ive always wondered where the line was drawn. Mine is chassis no 121790 with the body off 121808 (both RL's). I believe that is a November 1930 build, 121790 was actually registered in early 1931.
The first nine months of RMs had those wings, too.