The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spanish Ruby
Una rubí rara y hermosa de España. It's arrived. I'll post it to you tomorrow, Hugh. As ever, the image has been cleaned up with folds, scratches and other faults removed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That really is lovely, Tony, thanks so much.

A couple of other things have been acquired recently.

The Archive doesn't have any of these and I jumped at this one on Ebay the other day after being alerted to it (thanks DH) Sadly, we don't know the actual model of car, but Mr Alan Rayner(?) owned GWL 282 and recorded his weekly mileage. I suspect he may have been a salesman with a regular round. The year started with an odometer reading of 10,130 and by November of that year, he recorded a reading of 28,892. Fuel costs and oil plus some mechanical work (valve grinds etc) are also recorded

This is also on its way

which I followed up having seen it offered on a Facebook group. The chap wanted rather a lot of money for it initially, but when I pointed out it was for the Archive, he reduced his asking price by some 60% which I thought very kind of him.

Hugh
I’d like to extend my thanks to Tony and Hugh for their efforts saving these fascinating pieces of Austin history, that might have otherwise been lost on a bookshelf or the back of a cupboard somewhere.

Top work chaps!