The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Year's Day run out
I try and get a run out in the Austin on New Year's Day if the weather is clement. Today it was mild and dry, but threatening with rain in the afternon. I managed a run out of about 20 miles, up to the Col de Portes which to be fair isn't that high, only 500 metres or so, but a nice view all the same.

[Image: 20180101_135608.jpg]

The big lump in the left background, covered by mist is Mont Lozère which tops out at 1700 metres, higher than Ben Nevis.

This is the location (well about 100metres before the junction)

[Image: 20180101_135741.jpg]

Happy New Year everyone.
Bonne année, meilleurs vœux et surtout de la bonne santé.
The sun is out now but not when we went out in the car. Happy New Year..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Happy new year from the Highlands - not quite ready to drive yet, maybe after a snooze?

Sunshine and clear skies in Scotland? What 's all that about. Have you been photoshopping?
Like it.
Four seasons in one day Bruce - almost always!
Going back to my second photo - the junction for hops related beverages - Can of Beer to the right, Ales to the left, is on a mediaeval pilgrimage route from Puy en Velay to St Gilles called the "Regordane". The village 4.5km to the left, "L'Affenadou" is at the head of our valley and was a staging post in the days of the "La Diligence" or Stage Coaches. It was customary in those days for wagonners to stop off and give the team of horses a good feed and drink to prepare them for the long climb up to the top of the Col de Portes. In French Patois it means to give "la foin à tous" (the oats to all) hence "l'affen à dou"...

Not many people know that.
90 mile round trip for me, but the Vale of Belvoir doesn't offer the same views!

.jpg   P1060762.800.jpg (Size: 180.28 KB / Downloads: 362)
We had a good run out to 'Vintage Stony' at Stony Stratford, a nice old town on the northern edge of Milton Keynes. Unfortunately the forecast 'shower' turned out to be rather more than that so we went home with the hood up - this was the first time that the hood had been used in anger. The Rain-X worked OK as well.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I've said it before but, Ooh, I love that Vee-screen...
My planned outing was cancelled when I fell off my bicycle and sprained my RH little finger badly. Can't do a bally thing!
(01-01-2018, 06:47 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: 90 mile round trip for me, but the Vale of Belvoir doesn't offer the same views!

Sorry, Mike. Have to disagree. The Vale viewed from the surrounding hills of Harby, Clawson and Stathern, to mention three, can be stunning. A little known part of the world, free from tourists and a joy to drive a Seven in.

Good to see you and a good number of other Sevens on NYD.

Chris