The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FUEL DIAMOND PELLET THING.
Evening, forum members. Has anyone here used one of those lead type looking pellets in their petrol tanks, which claim to do all sorts of things to petrol?The claim to restore octane in old fuel and also counter ethanol sounds t good to be true. What are they and how do they work? indeed if they do.
Regards RPM
I believe the general consensus is that it is snake oil
Lumps of lead in a plastic mesh. Don't be taken in, they're useless.
Same deal as the molecule aligning magnets for your fuel lines, the metallic tin fuel line catalysts and the in tank fuel pills like Fuel360 that  periodically appear .
If they worked, the major fuel retailers would either sell them across the forecourt  or incorporate the 'technology' in their fuel.
If they worked, the vehicle manufacturers would recommend them or add the 'technology' to their car.
Another explanation I can find is that petrol isn't a particularly chemically active material and the fuel would be consumed well before the additive had a chance to react with it.
Diesel 'bug' and waxing is another story though.
Sounds like someone is making loads of money , on the back of false claims. At least I know what to do with all the scrap lead I have.