The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh! To be young and fit again...
The spare engine. Once upon a time - a long time ago - I too could do this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly a slightly 'strained' smile.
Yes I remember those days. Carried a Ruby engine from the Malvern show ground all the way back to the car park.  Then had it in my student bedroom for about six months before finding somewhere to store it.
yes, after moving most of the countrys spares from peoples garages - home - then to shows.

at one time i to could lift a full engine with box and anciliarys.

not gonna try it now, it would be more of a guess whats gonna pop first.

tony.

ps, its no surprise that ive been clearing out all this heavy iron over the last few years.
I've also discovered that gravity has become stronger as the years go by. I can still do a full engine and gearbox on my own but it is certainly more like hard work than in years gone by.
Maybe time to re-join the  gym?...
Ah yes but he appears to have shortened the gearstick and removed the knob, that makes it much lighter...
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Hi All

I find it’s not the holding a heavy weight once it’s up in the air that is the problem. It’s bending down to try and lift it especially from the confines of the Seven flitch plates and bulkhead.  Thank goodness for my hoist  Wink.

Cheers

Howard
I had to give up riding my BMW R1150R, mostly because it seemed to have put on weight! As I didn't want to be accused of "fat shaming" I was not prepared to ask a bystander to help me pick it up if it fell over...
In Japan, if you can't pick up your bike you don't get a licence! Perhaps why Honda Monkey bikes were all the rage...
(06-06-2021, 10:38 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: I had to give up riding my BMW R1150R, mostly because it seemed to have put on weight! As I didn't want to be accused of "fat shaming"  I was not prepared to ask a bystander to help me pick it up if it fell over...

Even my BMW F800GT - the lightweight of the range - was difficult enough. Those round-the-world riders on big BMWs should take a lesson from the girl on a 250 Honda. Light, agile, economical, reliable - and easy to pick up. https://www.advpulse.com/adv-rides/women...re-riders/