The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ammeter and Voltmeter gauges broken
Hello all. Unfortunately I had an accident today.  My lovely refurbished gauges fell out of a box, 1ft onto a concrete floor. Gutted.

The ammeter was jammed. When trying to free the needle pivot pin, unfortunately the gauge needle snapped where it bends 90 degrees. It looked to be heavily fatigued.  This part looks to clip into the gauge so I was wondering if anyone knew if replacements exist?

The Voltmeter is also suspect. I seem to recall the needle being free moving when just pivoting the gauge but now it's quite stiff, requiring a gentle touch to move. Does anyone know what could be the issue? I don't even know how to take this one apart, it feels soldered together.

Many thanks!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The fuel gauge dial face should just lift out of the instrument case (it just sits inside the case) but you will have the same issue with the needle as the ammeter if you're not careful when you extract the dial face over the needle. You are correct in saying that the needle should move easily from E to F when you tilt the instrument It would seem that the needle pivots  have jumped out.
Probably easiest to find a replacement ammeter than effect a repair on the broken needle.