The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H & H Auction Results
1934 Box saloon      £6,500
1930 Chummy         £10,000 ( provisional )
1924 Chummy         £19,000
1930 RK Saloon       £9,000
1929 Van                £19,000

All + 12 1/2 percent & VAT.
I went along to have a look. Must say I thought the prices achieved for the early ones were pretty strong. Such levels prompt the inevitable, 'What does that make mine worth?!' question...

The RK was a good solid example and probs was the 'bargain' of the bunch.
From the pictures, the '24 looked in need of some considerable tidying and, of course, of unknown mechanical condition. How did it appear in the flesh?
The 24 looked OK cosmetically but the catalogue noted it as non running. I really didn't fancy paying 20k+ for an unknown quantity.
I see my old car ( the 1934 box ) made £6500, factor in the buyers premium, full respray and change the Avon tyres I fitted 50 years ago it makes it a £9000 RM.
prices were quite good for a change.

dont know why people are not valueing the RK saloons so high though.

its basically a chummy with a hard top, my opinion is they are one of the best looking 7s. and very practical. and with the uk wheather should be sort after more than the chummys.

tony.
(26-05-2021, 09:34 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: prices were quite good for a change.

dont know why people are not valueing the RK saloons so high though.

its basically a chummy with a hard top, my opinion is they are one of the best looking 7s. and very practical. and with the uk wheather should be sort after more than the chummys.

tony.
Never mind the Sevens. Imagine taking this on, from an earlier auction - I mean, where would one start? There seems little left of the chassis and running gear: £24,581 with fees.
https://www.handh.co.uk/auction/lot/lot-...8&pn=2&g=1

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Agree with Tony

In the 50s and 60s when a few cars still in everyday use the RK style looked neat; the rear wheel does not seem out of position, whereas the RL always looked to me somewhat awkward.
In the manner of the time as a student I was in private board far from home (and my car). The landlady's grandson had an RK and every school holidays nonchantly tootled 280 miles to a relative's farm. Car worth about L50 at the time
For many years when valuing old cars - not just Austins - I have used the general guide that tourers are worth approximately 50% more than an equivalent saloon. An RK saloon at around £9k puts an equivalent 1929 chummy at around £14k, which sounds about right.
(27-05-2021, 08:08 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: For many years when valuing old cars - not just Austins - I have used the general guide that tourers are worth approximately 50% more than an equivalent saloon. An RK saloon at around £9k puts an equivalent 1929 chummy at around £14k, which sounds about right.
Correct. Motoring is an outdoor sport. Saloons are for a different kind of sport.