The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Seven
I've just been watching an owner driving his electric Seven round his back garden, I don't know how to put his clip on here. He's asked me to go round tomorrow when i should be able to film him.
I hope he's not in a terrace....
I almost had an electric Austin Seven in 1975 it was a chassis powered by an electric motor used by a driving instructor to show how things worked. !!!!
I think you mean the re-animated dissected corpse of a Seven, Dave!
Sorry no photos the visit was postponed due to torrential rain and the car is at present minus hood and bonnet.
I can appreciate how an electric 7 without a hood could be dodgy in torrential rain!
(22-05-2021, 10:48 AM)Malcolm Parker Wrote: I can appreciate how an electric 7 without a hood could be dodgy in torrential rain!

Attached Files
.jpg   elec1.jpg (Size: 146.91 KB / Downloads: 1,056)
Ho ho ho !!!
Had a customer round here last week telling about someone doing a home built electric austin 7.

Perhaps the same car?

He did say it works well, but doesnt get very far.

I didnt realise its range didnt get it out of his garden though Cool

Perhaps instead of useing car batteries, 8 Tesla batteries at £2 k a pop would get him to the end of the street Big Grin

I know the planet needs saving, and fossil fuels release to much carbon dioxide. but is the answer really that we should scrape the sea bed to make battery?

Tony.
go to Linkedin, via google,
then type in
John Stubbs, Austin Motor Co
you'll see his E-Ruby