The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Can anyone 'lend' me a Ruby radiator?
Does anyone have a Ruby radiator (17" tall) that I could 'borrow' for a couple of months whilst I get my own one re-cored. They are quoting two months turnaround to recore and as we are coming out of lockdown I was hoping to use the car which I have only just bought. The radiator core is completely fouled up in spite of many attempts to descale and a rebuild seems to be the last remaining option. I have already cleaned out the block and fitted a new side water branch which as you can see from the photo was pretty clogged! Payment in beer!

Attached Files
.jpeg   C992E544-54C1-46F8-A1BB-8CF28966DDA5.jpeg (Size: 157.83 KB / Downloads: 279)
.jpeg   B2D2F1FB-7248-4537-B592-B678F4BD5B83.jpeg (Size: 116.71 KB / Downloads: 278)
Beer! I wish I had a Ruby rad knocking about!

I’m sure someone can help out to keep you on the road.
Your best bet might be to buy a cheap secondhand / scrap rad and get that rebuilt, then swap them - there's one on eBay at £20 as I write.
Re-coring a Ruby radiator with a modern core shouldn't cost more than £150 or so. I think the last one I had done in 2015 (to my Ulster, not a Ruby) cost around £120.

Steve
Hi NJB where are you, I have one   that I can lend you,  I live in Swansea. S Wales, if that helps, pm me. S&P
I had a dead spare Ruby rad re-cored at Swalecool, Sittingbourne Kent, last year, not an original core £120 cash only.
Although located on a modern industrial estate entering the works was like walking into a time warp back a hundred years.
But the guy did a good job.