The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Tyres
Hi Folks, Im looking to purchase 4 new tyres for my Austin 7 RP Box Saloon 350x19.
can anyone recommend a Supplier and Manufacturer ? Thanks. Confused
Longstone Tyres, Doncaster. Google for web page and details.
Avon Triple duty - search on web for bike suppliers - very long lived... also still British made
Blockley Tyre Company, highly recommended and probably quite local to you.
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
I dont think Blockleys or Longstones suit a RP. Don't know why perhaps just me. Both good tyres, the Blockleys are like Yokohama tyres on my old mini. Very sticky, so wear out quick.

The RP here needs two fronts and a spare. I have a Avon sidecar in stock, but may put a pair of Avon SM's on the front as I prefer the look. The sidecar can go on the spare.
I'd go for Avon Sidecar duty. I went through a pair of Avon SMs in less than 3000 miles on a Pembleton FWD trike. They are designed for motorcycles I think so car use may not be within their remit...
Longstone every time
I put Longstone on our RN.
love the blockleys, but they are a low profile tyre, more for sports. so once they start to wear they look to small for the car.

the avons are very good.

but find myself putting longstones on my cars nowadays.

tony.
I don't know what Longstones or Blockleys are like as I haven't managed to wear my Avon Triple Duties out yet.