The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joss Campbell
It is with great sadness and a heavy heart I announce that my dear friend and sometime forum contributor has lost his long battle with cancer. He was a true eccentric, yet the kindest most generous guy I knew with an incredible talent to work metal and design beautiful Austin 7. He will be greatly missed by those of us lucky enough to have called him our friend.
Black Art Enthusiast
so sorry to hear, Ian.
I always read those few posts on here. From what you have said, his skills will live on - through what he has taught to others and from what others have observed of his creative projects.
Sorry to hear about that Ian.
His remote gear lever remains a standard of creativity and skills rarely achieved by others

C
(03-05-2021, 09:08 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: It is with great sadness and a heavy heart I announce that my dear friend and sometime forum contributor has lost his long battle with cancer. He was a true eccentric, yet the kindest most generous guy I knew with an incredible talent to work metal and design beautiful Austin 7. He will be greatly missed by those of us lucky enough to have called him our friend.

So sad ! From your posts you are keeping his work alive.
Very sad news Ian, Vanda and I have fond memories of him, his shed and love of books. A quiet man of individual taste. Thanks for sharing.
A truly great loss. Joss's skill, passion and dedication to prewar cars and in particular Austin sevens was second to none. He was exceptionally talented and had an eye for lines that few could rival.  A man who shyed away from the spotlight and put others before himself. Yet, his craftsmanship guidance and work has graced many notible prewar cars and Austin's in New Zealand and overseas. It has been a great privilege and humbling experience to have worked under Joss's guidance for the last 10 months.  An experience I will cherish dearly. A great friend and mentor, Joss will be sorely missed; but never forgotten.
Hi All

Sad loss. Condolences to his family.

Howard
My condolences to his friends and family. A very sad loss.
I'm sorry to hear this sad news Ian. Although I did not know Joss I recall admiring some of his work. My condolences.
So sorry to hear this Ian. My condolences to Joss's friends and family.

Erich in Mukilteo