The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thetis Engine Nosecone Removal
Does anyone know how to remove the Nosecone on a Thetis Marine engine? 

I've removed the five ' regular' bolts that secure it to the crankcase but in order to pull it off the crankcase I think the cylindrical part at the end of camshaft (where the Fan Pulley would normally be) needs to be removed. I can't get to the nut on the end of the camshaft, which I assume is holding this part in place, without removing the water pump but can't remove the water pump because I can't get to one of the lower nuts which secures the pump to the nosecone.

Sorry if this question makes no sense but if you have tried to do this before you might understand what I'm trying to explain!

Thanks,

Paul  

.jpg   Thetis Nosecone.jpg (Size: 42.95 KB / Downloads: 229)
Paul,

You may want to look at dismantling the cover plates on the very front of the nosecone and the starting handle mechanism.
Thanks Ruairdh
Hi, from memory you will have to dismantle the starting handle covers then drop the chain off and remove the bottom chainwheel on the crankshaft, the waterpump should just pull off the front of the camshaft once the four mounting bolts are undone, I think the camshaft drive dog either has a nut inside it or is threaded on with a machined taper its a few years since I took one apart I sold my waterpump and nose piece on ebay last year.