The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scuttle fuel tank repairer request.
Sorry to hijack the "find a repair-man" thread but this seems to have taken off.

While the FBHVC report recommends that bio-diesel and alternative diesel fuels are not compatible with copper, zinc, brass, tin and lead there is no equivalent recommendation for E10 fuel other than for plastic materials. However, painful experience has intervened and many owners report degradation of zamac alloy and similar materials but I can find no reports of ill effects on properly soldered joins in brass, copper or steel. The most common cause of failure is operator malfunction and I'm sure we've all suffered that. I know I have...

Although it is not recommended I still use tin/lead solder for my work as I have found that the lead-free solder is not as "wet" and does not flow as well when making tanks etc.

I recently discovered that Citroen 2CV fuel line, a nylon compound, is still available and does not seem to be affected by ethanol in E5 fuel. Whether it will stand E10 is another matter.
https://ecas2cvparts.co.uk/products/petr...477e&_ss=r
I have no connection to the company other than as a customer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scuttle fuel tank repairer request. - by JonE - 02-05-2021, 11:23 AM
RE: Scuttle fuel tank repairer request. - by Duncan Grimmond - 02-05-2021, 03:49 PM
RE: Scuttle fuel tank repairer request. - by JonE - 03-05-2021, 08:50 AM
RE: Scuttle fuel tank repairer request. - by JonE - 03-05-2021, 10:00 AM