The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punch Bowl Marton-cum-Grafton
I'm planning to go to the Punch Bowl tomorrow as it's the first Saturday of the month...
What time ish please?
Around 12.30?
I will look forward to it in July then.
    Quite a good turnout, all 1960s and onward bar Malcom's  Ulster and my BSA so we had a chat, a beer and some chips  and went on to do a posed pic at the Blue Bell milestone...
Tomorrow's weather forecast is not too wonderful but if it's dry I plan to go
Thanks for the reminder Duncan, but it looks like rain. We'll see.
I went today. It didn't rain all of the time.

Attendance was poor. Oldest first...

My '34 Ruby.
1966 mini
V reg Spitfire
Cavalier convertible
and an MGF.
That doesn't surprise me, Andrew.   The type of car that attends is unlikely to venture out if there is the slightest suggestion of any rain.   I also had an email from Club Retro Torque (of which I am apparently a member having attended once!) saying that they did not want more than 20 cars attending for Covid reasons and that it was fully booked.   Presumably the more highly polished Porsches and the like got the first twenty places but than failed to turn up!
I think it would be a good idea if we had our meeting at the Punch Bowl on the 2nd Saturday of the month.  The blingy cars can meet on the first, the proper cars on the second!
You've got to remember that modern classics dissolve in the rain.