The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Austin Main Agents / Dealers
So far I have details of 78 dealers with details (adverts, badges etc) and probably nearly 3,000 listed, please keep the details coming.

Below are some period images of Gordon England, some intresting details.

.jpg   1927 8 The Sketch - Wednesday 10 August 1927 Image © Illustrated London News Group.jpg (Size: 96.17 KB / Downloads: 458)
1927 8 The Sketch - Wednesday 10 August 1927 Image © Illustrated London News Group.  All rights reserved. Image reproduced with kind permission of The British Newspaper Archive (www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk).

.jpg   1927 10 The Graphic - Saturday 15 October 1927 Image © Illustrated London News Group.jpg (Size: 95.18 KB / Downloads: 460)
1927 10 The Graphic - Saturday 15 October 1927 Image © Illustrated London News Group.  All rights reserved. Image reproduced with kind permission of The British Newspaper Archive (www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk).
Douglas Alderson pid=' dateline= Wrote:So far I have details of 78 dealers with details (adverts, badges etc) and probably nearly 3,000 listed, please keep the details coming

From 1935 AAL. Middlesex registered EMT42

http://tinypic.com/m/jv3ps7/3
Andy Mitchell posting from sunny Chezvegas
Austin Main Agents / Dealers, the search continues.

Thanks to all who have sen me information and badges most of which I have found information on some I can not find any info at the moment.  Tony Betts has kindly send me photos of his badges and he has manged to get me completely stumped with this badge which I though would be easy to track down.

The Dealer is Water's Garage and I believed the location to be Burchersdory, but having not found the location I think it may be Burgherdrop but this is in South Africa, I have not asked Tony if he knows where it came from, so reading this may be a surprise to him as it was me.  Although there was a Waters Garage in Coventry.

.jpg   waters tony b.jpg (Size: 63.65 KB / Downloads: 327)
WOW.
That must have taken some time.

It wouldn't surprise me if its South africa, I think there is another in my collection from South africa. Not that I've been there and bought them myself.

In the early days of collecting when things were cheaper I would buy three or four at a time, so didn't always worry witch garage they were from.

If you want it, and if I can find it. I have a few / not many. Old garage receipts for spares bought. They may have come in with cars over the years.

Keep the good work up, Tony.
I thought this dealer would be easy to find, Reg. Brown Aubrey Street Hereford.  Yet all I find is Brown cars with where the reg is stated in an add. Confused

.jpg   Reg Brown connor_2012.jpg (Size: 50.81 KB / Downloads: 259)
Image form connor_2012 on eBay, thanks.
It does help when a news paper does a series of articles detailing the dealer, what makes they where agents for an a photo of the garage.

So who can work out the car parked on the road in font of the garage?

1936 Norwood News - Friday 08 May 1936 Image © Trinity Mirror. Image created courtesy of THE BRITISH LIBRARY BOARD
Looks like a Wolseley Hornet to me, probably with a Swallow body.
Hello Douglas
just noticed some postcards on Ebay from seller Headofthoughts that might be of some interest. Several listed eg.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OLD-POSTCARD-...SwH-RcTzOY.
Hope that works.
Adrian.
Here's another 
.jpg   S A Fuller.jpg (Size: 10.67 KB / Downloads: 125)
And another for you. Attached to a car in Switzerland.
Boorman and son, Woking, Surrey

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_4124_kindlephoto-3402170.jpg (Size: 35.72 KB / Downloads: 109)