The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GORDON ENGLAND SUNSHINE SALOON
GORDON ENGLAND SUNSHINE SALOON

We've been commissioned to build a complete new body for a GE Sunshine Saloon, but the only surviving original parts are the doors, the firewall and a few fragments of the floor.  Otherwise, we just have photos to work from.

We want to get this as accurate as possible, so before we start, can anyone help in any way?  Access to an original car, loan of parts, measurements, drawings, or unpublished photos would all be very helpful.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Silent Saloon that was in restoration and sold by Walter Heale is owned by someone who is on the Facebook group, so you could ask there - but it's in the UK, I'm sure. There is another in Switzerland in completely original condition; in a car dealership. Just the innards of the rooftop is different, although peaks changed through the run.

The Sunshine owned by Bernard Griffiths was rebuilt but rigorously from the original. Someone must have a link to the new owner.
Thanks, Jon. I'm now in contact with one of the UK owners - not sure which car at the moment - and am hoping to arrange to look at it.
Good good. This was all my research findings from when I thought I might end up with one... may be helpful: https://gordonengland.car.blog

.jpg   red1967-021jpg.jpg (Size: 119.82 KB / Downloads: 190)
Great photograph Mike, from the amount of wood chips and shavings on the factory floor it looks like they carved it out of solid!
Love the photo, Mike!
Photo above is one I found in LAT, you managed to get an un-watermarked one somehow.

I prefer this version where it has grown legs.

(Also note dashboard of GE Brooklands in background)

[Image: red1963crop.jpg?itok=vdbhux7Y]