The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1932 Motor Show
Admiration, all round...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Before a run it will be necessary to apply a suitable lubricant to the nipples if wear is to be avoided
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
WOW! A bit risque for 1932 or has the picture been 'improved' ?
Not as risqué as 1929, Tony!

.jpg   gotlieb 1929.jpg (Size: 155.93 KB / Downloads: 314)

It's interesting that the artist signs himself with one 't', but all the Google references are with two 't's.
What mag is it exactly? Not the UK Motor? What show is referred to? I suppose a lady wishing for a handsome prince would be happier witha green Seven than a frog. I presumed it Tony's handiwork. What car if any was there originally? It is not even a Bantam.
(24-04-2021, 07:15 AM)Tony Press Wrote: WOW! A bit risque for 1932 or has the picture been 'improved' ?

Only by the addition of an Box Saloon....
Bob, It was an American trade magazine for the filling station and service station trade:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/lephtylewsey...ine-1920s/

https://www.magazineart.org/piwigo/index...ategory/99

They have some really splendid front covers!
(24-04-2021, 11:00 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: What mag is it exactly? Not the UK Motor? What show is referred to? I suppose a lady wishing for a handsome prince would be happier witha green Seven than a frog. I presumed it Tony's handiwork. What car if any was there originally? It is not even a Bantam.

It's the American "Motor" magazine. I've no idea what the car is - but I bet that somebody I know very well does...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Probably just a generic illustration, but it has shades of Chrysler, Graham and Auburn.
Re the original, if I had spent more of my youth focussed on the object at left instead of right my life could have been very different. Although it has given me a life long interes in something which in old age I can do more justice to...