The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin big 7
Big Grin 
Hi all ?
I’m in Australia and have been trying to find some more information on the Austin big 7. I have read that it was the step between the baby 7 and the 10 with some other details to it however I’m trying to find some sort of price range (o guess you can say) as they aren’t as common as the baby 7 or the 10. I’m looking at buying one for around $9000 (aus)
Any guidance or information would be greatly appreciated thanks
sorry I should have added it’s in pretty good condition for the age with restoration being done approx 20years ago, still original with no modifications
The Big Seven was initially intended to be a replacement for the Seven, but in fact ended up being sold alongside it as its big brother; in the UK it sold for approx 10-15% more than the Ruby:

http://www.archive.a7ca.org/wp-content/u...R_1677.pdf

http://www.archive.a7ca.org/wp-content/u...1677-2.pdf

.jpg   1937 Autocar Big Seven.jpg (Size: 91.98 KB / Downloads: 223)

In the UK it was only available as a two-door or four-door saloon, but in Australia you had a wider range, including tourers and vans. Both the Seven and Big Seven were replaced by the Eight in 1939.
In NZ small and medium pleb cars of the late 30s and 40s are little sought after and fetch relatively little even by local very subdued standards. What do Morris 8s, Ford 8s etc fetch by comparison?
By 1937/38 the Seven was still a 20's car in more modern guise. The Big Seven was more modern for it's era BUT there is little in common and few parts if any are interchangeable with the Seven, so nothing like the spares and advice available for the Seven. As Bob says it ranks with a lot of other unremarkable small English cars. It does not have the worldwide dedicated following of the Seven.
The few ads I can see aren’t a great deal
More in cost for the cars you mentioned
I have not watched Big Seven prices but I suggest contact with The Austin Big Seven Register and one of their gurus Robin Taylor, easily found on the web..
(19-04-2021, 07:26 AM)Jo1985 Wrote: Hi all ?
I’m in Australia and have been trying to find some more information on the Austin big 7. I have read that it was the step between the baby 7 and the 10 with some other details to it however I’m trying to find some sort of price range (o guess you can say) as they aren’t as common as the baby 7 or the 10. I’m looking at buying one for around $9000 (aus)
Any guidance or information would be greatly appreciated thanks
sorry I should have added it’s in pretty good condition for the age with restoration being done approx 20years ago, still original with no modifications
Hi Jo1985,

You don't say which state but the Melbourne Austin 7 Club welcomes all '7's  and has a few Big Sevens.

I couldn't say what price but I would think $9,000 sounds dear.

Tony.

Contact me if you need details of the Club.