The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making an Ulster Style Screen - Any Advice
That's very helpful Charles as it makes the clearance of Item 11 inside the tube (Item 11) important since presumably it needs to be loose enough to allow it to move radially when tightened.    Also the head diameter needs to be a close fit inside the brass tube Item 2 so that it will bind up when tightened.

Due to my lack of machinery I was thinking of grinding the head of a large diameter bolt down and using this to create Item 11 thinking the head was just so it didn't disappear down inside Item 10 but obviously I will need to get this somewhat more accurate.

Not sure when I will be able to get it done but at least I now understand how it's intended to work.

Out of interest I had seen reference to someone making Item 11 from Delrin so it would be low friction and corrosion free but this looks like at probably wouldn't work as there would also be little friction between it and the brass tube.

John.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making an Ulster Style Screen - Any Advice - by John P - 15-04-2021, 07:09 PM