The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Side curtain
I acquired a 29 chummy and it had only the rear side curtains. I was wondering where they are stored when not in use. It would seem weird for them to be left at home when not in use. And help would be appreciated
The 1929 Handbook, in respect of which the Archive is your friend

http://archive.a7ca.org/collections/hand...rts-lists/

will tell you in great detail how to raise and lower the hood or how to tickle your updraught but is silent on the subject of side screen stowage.

There is a reason for this.

In practical terms one has to leave them at home, or mounted or (in my case with my 1933 tourer) put them on the back seat.

Welcome to Austin Seven ownership.

Regards,

Stuart
I always stack 'em, vertically, behind the passengers seat.
(08-04-2021, 09:39 AM)Parazine Wrote: I always stack 'em, vertically, behind the passengers seat.
 where do you specify behind the seat
Make two bags out of something like Rexine and line them with a soft material. These should fit set vertically behind the front seats. Or, as proper motoring is an outdoor sport, put the hood down, leave the sidescreens at home and wear a Barbour suit....
(08-04-2021, 10:08 AM)Vancevr Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 09:39 AM)Parazine Wrote: I always stack 'em, vertically, behind the passengers seat.
 where do you specify behind the seat

On the floor, between the front seat back and the rear seat. There's just enough room to get all 4 in the space. David Nightingale makes nice bags to put them in....
Fine for legless passengers..........
Link to David Nightingale Coachtrimming mentioned by Parazine above ......

https://www.coachtrimming.co.uk
Fine for legless passengers..........
Strap them over the spare wheel? The sidescreen bags, that is, not the legless passengers....
(08-04-2021, 07:37 PM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: Fine for legless passengers..........
Strap them over the spare wheel? The sidescreen bags, that is, not the legless passengers....

Thanks for the hint. 
My Mother in law gets quite legless at times.
I will strap her over the spare wheel on the way home from the pub.
Spex